Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's All About the Swag, Right?

I know, I know... "what kind of a blog is this lame-o one with the name "Journal Swag" that has no swag??"  I know, I know.  Life!

Anyway, as promised, (although implicitly), let's start looking at some swag, trying it out and reporting back with reviews, etc.


Have you ever tried "Tria" art markers?  Me either, but they looked so different, the colors so soft and chalky, and they were on clearance for $1.00 apiece.  I can risk that!  

Multi Media Sketch book.  I've not seen this particular one yet, have you?  Heaven knows, I've tried every brand I've seen.  Watercolor notebooks tend to have paper that is way to thick and textured.  The texture on most of them (Strathmore, do you hear me?) shows up more than the finished product.  It's like a million tiny textured circles all over your pages.  It sucks the ink out of markers like no tomorrow (and if you're paying for Copics, you know that can be an expensive proposition). Oh Copics, how I love you!  You're just too rich for my little art supply budget, so I am cheating on you and going out with other markers.  Shameful, but true, sorry!

Sketchbook paper never seems heavy enough for everything I put it through.  We will see.  

Uhu glue stick.  Love it!  I've tried every other one out there, and  I haven't found one that sticks like this one.


2 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo....are you on a mission to confuse me? I'm so happy to see you are up and blogging again....but I had no clue! Was I talking when I should have been listening, again?
    Good to see you, my friend, I will add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila...Hey I tried to respond to your email but it came back undeliverable. :-(

    There is still room in my swap so you're in! I'll send more details by this weekend!

    Hope you are well, my friend. It's been a LONG time!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete